Ali Marzooq, MD
Dr. Marzooq is a passionate, board-certified dermatologist who has helped thousands of patients with their skin. He completed three medical residencies, including two for dermatology and one in internal medicine residency, and is happy to be in the Pacific Northwest after years in the scorching heat of Phoenix, Houston, and Baghdad, Iraq. The move brought him closer to family, cooler temperatures, and a much greener landscape, which he loves.
With years of education and life-experience, Dr. Marzooq can efficiently diagnose skin conditions, and in particular, the various skin cancers on a variety of skin tones. And, he can do so with empathy and understanding- in two languages. He is fluent in English and in Arabic, and a smattering of French as well.
Dr. Marzooq prides himself on working with every person with an open mind and open heart. Through much of his residency programs, he worked with underserved communities such as homeless, HIV+, LGBTQ, impoverished, and those in war-torn regions of the world.
Other professional experience
- Board Certified Internist (Internal Medicine)
- Chief Resident Internal Medicine at MIHS (PGY-4 additional year)
- Completed Internal Medicine residency at MIHS
- Chief Resident during last year of Dermatology residency
- Four-years medical and dermatology residency in Iraq
- Teaching Resident of the Year in Internal medicine at MIHS June 2018.
- Certificate of Merit by American College of Physicians in recognition of First Place Doctor's Dilemma team for 2016 Arizona Annual Scientific meeting.
- Represented the Arizona team for two years in a row in 2017 and 2018 at the Doctor's Dilemma international chapter.
- Ranked among top 10 nationwide in Iraq, during the 2009 graduation ceremony. It was attended by the Prime Minister, and Minister of Higher Education of the Iraq Republic.
- Ranked Top 3 among the graduating class of 2009 in medical school.
- Ranked 1st in Pediatrics branch during medical school.
- KCU GMEC Phoenix Derm and Phoenix Children’s hospital Pediatric Dermatology Department
- Alopecia in Children Undergoing Chemotherapy, Radiation, and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation: State of the Art Review and Approach to Management
- MIHS, Phoenix, AZ, United States
- Observational study regarding Rheumatological diseases in the ICU setting.
Stephen Kessler MD | Ali Marzooq MD | Arun Sood MD | Kristen Beebe PA-C | Alexandra Walsh MD | Liliana Montoya MD | Harper Price MD (March 2022). Alopecia in children undergoing chemotherapy, radiation, and hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: Scoping review and approach to management: Review article, Wiley Pediatric Dermatology
AlMarzooq A, Albadwi g & Sarihan M. (May, 2017). cutaneous coccidioidomycosis in a 47- year-old male as a sole manifestation of disseminated cocci in a previously healthy individual: case report : AED; phoenix, AZ, USA.
AlMarzooq A, AlCharrackh M, Nzunkoelle S, McPherson M, Baharati & Parperis K. (October, 2017). Intensive Care Unit admissions Among Patients with Rheumatic Diseases at a Tertiary Care Center Poster presented at: American College Of Rheumatology Meeting; San Diego, CA, USA.
- Providing patients with the finest dermatological care by means of using the state of art therapeutic modalities to enhance their health and wellbeing
- Ensuring that all the patients' needs are met and collaborative solutions are pursued.
- Embracing a Lead-by-example philosophy.
- Embracing the community.
- Encouraging both personal and professional growth. I believe that creating an environment of learning and development starts by offering educational opportunities whenever possible.
Special interests/practice focus
- Medical and surgical dermatology.ana
- Screen and treatment of skin cancer
- Focus on medically challenging/ complicated cases including autoimmune and connective tissue diseases, Blistering diseases.
- HIV population
- LBGTQ population
Ages of patients
Other languages spoken, if any
• Medical School, Al-Nahrian University College Of Medicine, Baghdad, Iraq
• Residency, KCU GMEC Phoenix Dermatology Program, Phoenix, AZ
Professional Memberships & Affiliations
• American Association of Dermatology/ AAD
• American Medical Association/ AMA
• American Society for Dermatology Surgery/ ASDS