Mark C. Valentine, MD
Dr. Valentine is an internationally-acclaimed, board certified dermatologist who has been practicing dermatology in Everett since 1979. He has a large, loyal patient following and is recognized by his dermatologist peers to be one of the top diagnosticians in the state.
Dr. Valentine is a Professor of Dermatology at the University of Washington and has won numerous, peer-nominated awards over the years, including ‘Top Doctors’ in Seattle Magazine, ‘Best Doctors’ in WA magazine, ‘Best Doctors in America’ and ‘Best Dermatologists’ in The Daily Herald. He is also a National Merit Scholar and a Phi Beta Kappa member.
Dr. Valentine speaks at both national and international meetings on a regular basis and is internationally recognized for his work on allergic contact dermatitis. He has published many peer-reviewed articles and has served on the editorial board of the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, the most cited, peer-reviewed dermatology journal.
After obtaining a B.A. from West Virginia University, he went on to obtain his M.D. degree from the prestigious Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. He then completed his residency training in Internal Medicine and Dermatology at the University Hospitals of Cleveland, recognized as one of the top training programs in the country.
In his free time, Dr. Valentine writes and lectures on the history of dermatology and is also an avid collector of antique dermatology reference books, having one of the most impressive collections in the country. He is also a talented restorer and binder of antique books, and enjoys time playing guitar and piano.
Board / License Credentials
• Board Certified Dermatologist
• Bachelor of Arts, West Virginia University
• Doctor of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
• Residency, Internal Medicine and Dermatology, The University Hospitals of Cleveland
Professional Memberships & Affiliations
• Member, American Contact Dermatitis Society
• Member, History of Dermatology Society
• Member, North American Clinical Dermatological Society
• Pas President, Washington State Dermatology Association
• Past President, Seattle Dermatological Society
• Previous Advisory Council Representative and current Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology