Sowmya Ravi-Jeyamohan, MD, FAAD, FACMS
Dr. Ravi-Jeyamohan is a board-certified dermatologist and one of only four fellowship-trained Mohs surgeons in the county. Dr. Ravi-Jeyamohan has spent the past 14 years researching melanoma and other cancers at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and the University of Maryland. Her research has been published in some of the world’s most respected peer-reviewed journals and she has also presented her findings at both national and international conferences.
Dr. Ravi-Jeyamohan currently serves as President of the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society and was nominated by her peers for membership in the Gold Humanism Honor Society for high academic achievement, professionalism, and compassion. She has also received numerous other academic awards from the University of Maryland.
Dr. Ravi-Jeyamohan enjoys reading, gardening, baking, and exercise.
Board / License Credentials
• Board Certified Dermatologist
• Fellowship-Trained Mohs Surgeon
• Bachelor of Science, Biology, University of Maryland
• Fellowship, Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
• Medical Degree, Cum Laude, Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, University of Maryland School of Medicine
• Residency, Dermatology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions
Professional Memberships & Affiliations
• Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology
• Fellow, American College of Mohs Surgery